Lee Hammond has been a leading composite artist and forensic illustrator for more than 35 years. She has worked on many true crime shows, such as America’s Most Wanted. Her work has been integral in the capture of many criminals.
On call… 24hrs
A quality composite is essential for closing cases and reducing your manpower hours. A hand drawn composite is much more accurate than a computer created image. Most composites and interviews can be completed by me, within 3-5 hours. Make Lee Hammond a part of your investigative team.
To all Law Enforcement agencies,
I would like to offer my services to your investigative department. I am an experienced Forensic Illustrator. I am currently on call for the SW Florida Metro area Police Departments, where I currently reside. I have worked for many of the TV crime shows including America’s Most Wanted, and have participated in many investigative documentaries. I want to be a part of your investigative team as well.
I was trained by Smith and Wesson and have developed a personal system that is highly effective. I can create human characteristics through description that are much more accurate than those created with a computer program.
Forensic art is not just about the artwork itself. The artist creating the image must also be a skilled listener, interviewer and confidant. Every witness I work with has my undivided attention, and total trust. This quality creates a “safe environment” that the individual needs in order to relax and recall what they have seen. Unlike an investigating officer, I do not represent authority or stress, making them much more likely to recount their traumatic experience with me.
I can draw what a computer cannot…
My skills include…
- 1I can draw unique characteristics such as clothing, facial hair, birthmarks, scars, hair styles and dental work. I can create different skin tones and am skilled at drawing various races through my knowledge of facial features and bone structures.
- 2I can draw a profile view of a suspect if the witness only saw them from the side. I can then use that information to create a frontal view as well.
- 3My drawings are used to identify John Doe individuals. Working from morgue photos, I can create a portrait to depict them alive, which then can be displayed to the public, and showed on the news.
- 4I am an experienced age progression artist as well. I can use old photos, and create an up to date representation of what a person would look like many years later. I created age progressed images of the Alcatraz escapees for the United States Marshall’s office, which are now a part of the Alcatraz historical archives. Using this skill, I can also help in the search for missing children.
- 5My skills are not limited to drawing people. I can also draw missing or stolen objects from description. These items include heirloom jewelry, silverware, furniture or household items. I can also draw an image of a weapon or knife that has been used in a crime.
- 6Occasionally, a case will reveal itself as a false report. I can often tell when working with a witness, if the accounts and descriptions are real, exaggerated or fabricated. This can save your department many unnecessary hours of fruitless investigation.
A quality composite MUST be done immediately following an incident. Please call me right away, as soon as a crime has happened.
It is important to bring me in at the very beginning of the investigation. For me to do my best work, you must limit the amount of people exposed to the witness before my interview. I must meet with them while the event is still fresh in their mind.
When called, I will respond right away, and aid you in your investigation. This will provide you the best composite available, and could possibly save you hundreds and hundreds of manpower hours!
Note: Contact Lee personally by Email
or 816 509-0017 for references and contract for services.